3D Anime Character (Again)

[ Original Reply has been Edited]

Can you provide a screenshot of the model with the wires shown?

Topology ain’t that bad at all…
Keep us updated!

Not bad so far. I would suggest that you create an edge loop around the part of the eye brows. It could create better deformation and perhaps create better expression of emotions.

Wait, that line was in the wrong spot. Allow me to show you where I mean.

For a very long time, I’ve chased that elusive dragon to get the right look based on its topology. I want you to take a very good look at the model on the far left highlighted in orange. See how the band around the eyebrows are connected and almost look like a bandit mask? If there’s at least two things I learned over the years is this. One, if you are going to make a model, even if you are not planning on animating it, great topology is key. Two, edge flow is important so it can deform correctly; especially in animation. Anyway, that’s where I was taking about.

I learned a lot from the Blenderella tutorial myself. It was a funny story how the tutorial came to be. After the release of Sintel, one of the members of that project actually demonstrated on how the facial rig tutorial. I repiled, “This video feels like more like a demonstration than a tutorial. I wonder if they have a tutorial on the actual facial rig?” Got about 13 likes and months later she came out with the tutorial but only on modeling characters. I don’t know if what I said sparked anything but, I did learn a lot from Blenderellla but I had to create my own edgeflow to get the look I wanted. If I can give advice to prevent others from struggling like I did, why not? I may create a tutorial in the future.