Issue with vertices not appearing to line up properly

Working on a project with ~4,000,000 Tris when I noticed vertices that I know were aligned now appear to be off (see screenshot). If I try to snap the vertices back together, the cursor showing where it will snap becomes odd shapes and not a clean circle like normal. Sometimes I don’t get a snap cursor at all. Also when I zoom in orbiting and panning both become very jumpy.

If I then export the objects as FBXs and import them into another Blender project one by one, they look fine until some of the larger objects come in (the largest is about 52MB).

Can finish the work with multiple Blender projects but would really like to have just one to keep things “simple”.

Has anyone had this problem or have any idea how to fix it?

Running on Windows 10, i7-6700, 32GB RAM, 2x GTX 970 SLI. Blender 2.78c

You should divide your project in different .blend files. And then link objects from all individual .blend files in one project scene by going to File -> Link. This will allow you to easily edit and modify your separate .blend files while still having them in one big scene. Search linking files on Youtube if you aren’t familiar with them.

As for the part where vertices are misplaced I suggest you upload the .blend file for the community here to solve it for you.