Problem attaching a neck

Well hello,

Sorry if I’m not posting in the right topic, it seems to be more technical problems than mine.
So I am kind of new to blender and I would like to create a cat-like character, for a future render.

I was able to render the entire body quite nicely (in my opinion of a almost first project…), but now I must put a head on it.
But I don’t know exactly how to position the neck, I can’t figure of which faces to delete, could I have any advice?
I know I probably used too much vertices, or placed them badly, but that’s just a first attempt to Blender.

Thanks for the time you took reading my question.

Here are some screens of the model I’ve got so far :

Side view (with a part of my reference image):

Front view (with the back hidden) :

And 3D view :

I would put a loop on the red line and delete the faces on the blue X’s from there you should have a decent start for your neck… hope it helps

Agree with Rivio, that should do the trick.
Since you’ve said this is one of your first models there is a lesson to be learned from this: You should plan ahead.

Also, I know it’s not your question, but tip for the future - don’t add a neck and then try to model head from neck. It would be a mess.
Try adding head as separate object, model it way you want, and leave same number of edges where neck is supposed to be both on head and body. When you do that connect those 2 objects to 1 by adding boolean modifier on body with this settings:
Operation: Union
Object: “Your head object”

Apply that modifier. Note that head is still a separate object, so you can hide it or delete it, it doesn’t matter, because now you have head mesh in your body object and now you can easily connect those 2.

Happy modeling!

I agree with VOdo best practice is to generally start from the head down since its going to be a higher focus point and if you do the Bool as suggested you wont accidentally ruin the poly structure on the body

Wow, I just noticed your comments, sorry for the long delay.

So yeah, I managed to get kind of the render I wanted by deleted the faces you suggested, thanks for the advice ^^

And both of you were also true, modelling the head was a mess… I used another way to connect them but yours seems cleaner.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help and sorry for the delay on the respond…

I would keep modelling, keep the tail separate.

When you are done, do whats called a “retopo” which will give you a much cleaner topology across your entire model.