Render cue for multiple files or scenes?

Is there any trick in Blender or a plug in or network render tool to allow me to set a series of files or layers to be rendered as animations to separate files?
Or maybe a way to change layers at a certain frame?

Yes. Command line rendering. You would write a script to render whatever files you wish. In Windows it would be a batch script.

Awesome thanks. Can I do individual layers in a scene?

You can animate almost all properties. It’s possible to animate SceneRenderLayer.use property, but I have not tested it if it would work when animation rendering is started and it would be unusual. i am sure there is a more logical solution for your problem. What is your situation, what are you trying to achieve?

Use RenderLayers for this. You can set different sets up and then write them either into a multilayer exr or use File Output node and write different renderlayers into different files.

MartinZ I have 1 blend file with 12 layers. Each layer has a different animated apace shot of a different planet with its one main camera, animated movements, unique meshes and materials and backgrounds etc. It’s basically a collage of different alien planets I want to render each layer (1 planet each) to an I divide all video file and then in Premiere Pro edit them all together and make my own music score. I used layers to separate each scene because it’s easy to switch between them and move things between them. Also each layers animation is the 200 frames.

Render layers are for one camera. It will be easiest just to save the file ready to render for each layer and render using command line if you have different cameras for each animation. Or you could place the animations one after another using Dope Sheet and then animate the visibility for objects in each scene layer. You can change cameras using timeline markers (m when hovering over timeline to create at current frame, then select a camera and press ctrl+b while hovering the mouse over the marker to bind that camera to the marker - it will make it active camera on the frame the marker is on). Then you would just render it out as a long animation.