moving camera in 2.80

hey guys

sorry to bother you and i know its not a stable release but just wanted to know how to change camera views etc in blender 2.8 as it wont work with numpad 0 etc

in blender 2.78c it works fine but cant get it to work in 2.8 and Eevee

thanks for any info and its only cos i want to try out some new features, nothing serious.

Use the View menu, at the bottom left on the 3D View.

thank you but cant we do shortcuts yet please?

The shortcuts work for me - they’re like “ctrl numpad 3” for left, “Numpad 3” for right, etc. They’re listed on the menu.

yeah sorry they aint working for in blender 2.8 eevee, normal blender works fine but not in this version?? do i have to enable them in settings?

thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

in 2.80 though please?

They’re working fine for me in 2.80 using evee - you might try downloading a later build. Have you changed you input mappings or anything? Maybe try using the default?

will look at that! thank you!

no def not working for me. on MacBook pro and using latest bleeding edge version of blender and eevee. in 2.78 blender the view shortcuts work, but not in 2.80

ok tried 2.80 on my PC at home and number pad shortcuts work fine but cant import OBJ or FBX into this version of blender??
anyone any ideas please?

It’s a bit difficult to give support for something that is still being developed. 2.80 is far from ready for working, and it’s only available for download for testing and debugging purposes.

thank you and yeah i know but people are obviously able to import fbx models in there and mine are not working so maybe i just need to change something in settings.

afaik, the blend structure is still a bit unchanged… you can load the fbx in a 2.80, save it, and work with it in 2.78c.

Ahh ok got you. Will try that. Thank you.