Meshmolder 7.1 - Release Soon

Meshmolder, freeware sculpting software in next version with automatic subdivision(in development) and 40% faster in brushes drawing…
Meshmolder Beta 7.1 release soon.

http://www.meshmolder.com

Video with new tool:

so, what is the difference compared with blender’s sculpt?

I hate to say it, because I think it is great he is making this but, I think it is less competent as a tool than blender is…I still wish him luck(or the team).

Test sculpting 11.000.000 points with Blender or 22.000.000 faces - In my hardware result in bugs and close application.
Test the same in Meshmolder Beta 7.1…I’m focused on ZBrush style optimization. I know I’m far from it, but who knows in the future

Release new version in forum Meshmolder.

Why new software, when you can help blender sculpting? There is much more to be gained.

Cant even download without registration, which is sily, wanted to test.

Thinking the same making sculpting focused addon for blender would for sure give you more audience since currently there is many areas in blender sculpting that you could help develop further. Still nice software and I gotta lift my hat for making such a big job.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don’t really like the sculpting tool included in Blender. I feel because Blender has to be the swiss army knife sculpting can actually never be truly great. There are so many GUI and workflow conventions Blender has to stick to in it’s sculpting part that hold it back and that is a problem that can never be truly adressed without making a usability mess out of Blender. For specific applications I actually prefere specific tools that are really good at what they do. Combined with a proper software bridge that can be much more powerful.
I am thinking about InDesign and how well it works to link a psd. You can make changes to that psd whenever you want and by the click of a button the file can be updated within InDesign. Think about what kind of a frankenstein InDesign would be if it would try to include the functionallity of Photoshop. Same goes for example for Keyshot and Zbrush - a single click will bring over everything and update it accordingly without hassle. I would welcome a powerful sculpting tool that can bridge very seamlessly to Blender. Not sure if the technical structure of Blender allows those kind of tie-ins, though.

It looks good! But, yes, use your beautifull brain to help blender sculpt. Pretty please. We will worship you as a god. It is a good idea. We will all benefit from it.

From a quick readthrough at the homepage I fail to understand why I should choose this over sculptris in case I wanted a free sculpt application.

Sculptris was awesome and very promising, until it was bought by the company that produces ZBrush. I mean, it’s still a great and fun little piece of software, but it seems development has stopped completely. Shame, really.

Depending on how this goes, I understand this not being folded into Blender.

Zbrush can crunch the insane polys it does because it fakes what it does. I’m not too versed on the technicalities but It’d require a serious rewrite (and a stripping of major features) for Blender to cannibalize that particular ability.

Ya’ll are just gonna have to come to terms with the fact that you can’t always contain your entire workflow in a single piece of software, and you also shouldn’t.