Unable to create infinite rotation loop

Hello Blender artists!
I’m new to this forum, and I have a problem I couldn’t solve by searching web.

So, I’ve made a simple bone setup, 2 bones with IK constraint. Base of the firts bone should stand still, while top of second bone should be making circular loop (see image below to understand better)

Now, I’ve managed to make first 360° turning by connecting IK target (Empty object named Target) to circle curve (named Path) by Ctrl+P - Follow path.
Now first 360° turn is being animated in 50 frames, and that is fine.

Problem is I want to make animation that is 400 frames long, and I want 8 full turns.
I tried to add Cycles modifier to a curve but, as far as i understand it, i need start and end keyframes for that.
I tried to add those keyframes by going to first frame in animation and pressing “I” key while mouse pointer is on Evaluation TIme (Path - Data - Path Animation) but I get error:

F-Curve with path ‘eval_time[0]’ cannot be keyframed, ensure that it is not locked or sampled, and try removing F-Modifiers

Now, I can’t remove Generator modifier from curve since it’s the one that is generating it.
I’ve attached .blend file if you want to take a look.

Did I made a wrong step? Is there another way to make this animation happen?
Any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your attention!

Attachments

Circular_loop.blend (426 KB)

Hi

All your thoughts are correct just use keyframes instead of a fuktion generator modifier

To get 8 turnarounds in 400 frames just put the second keyframe to x=50 y=100 in case your Frames in the Path animation curve panel is 100

Attachments

Circular_loop_modified.blend (426 KB)

Thank you for your reply, you’ve been helpful!
I’ve messed with your .blend a bit and I’ve realised I can add a keyframe by Ctrl+clicking.
Animation now works great. :o