Sci-Fi Gun!

Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at a Sci-Fi gun.
The concepting of it was quite a new experience for me, but was very enjoyable!
There are still a few things I need to refine. Materials are also quite basic still, just to know how to colors are distributed.
Any advice/opinions are welcomed and highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Looks awesome! my only suggestion would be to raise the scope a bit since it would be difficult to look through

Interesting, I just slapped it on there without much thought :smiley:
I might end up getting a human model from somewhere and pose it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pretty Sweet design there! Wish I could thought of that.

I was looking at water cooled PCs. Thought to myself, “why not liquid cool guns? They get hot right?” and that’s how I came up with the design :stuck_out_tongue:

Might actually be done with it now. Changed the lighting and the materials a bit.

why don’t you try to make a smaller version like a handgun.

I was actually planning on making this into a rifle, smg and a handgun. :smiley:
I’m not sure when tho.

I started to remodel this gun from scratch.
I made a lot of major mistakes in my first attempt, like going high poly way too early.
Still trying to get the hang of adding details that don’t really “do” much.

I’ll try my best to polish this model as well as I can so any critque is appreciated.
Btw I want this to be a game ready model in the end, any advice on how low I should keep the tris count? Currently its around 20k but I havent optimized it yet.

Another little update, still lots to do.
Any critique/advice/opinions are really appreciated.

Just finished the final model, ended up having around 21k tris.
Only thing left to do is adjust the materials (I think).

Final update on this gun. I learned so much from this project, it’s unbelievable.
It should be pretty much game ready, only things that are missing are animations and sound effects.
Ended up having almost 24k tris.
Texture is at 4k (have a 2k backup incase it causes issues).

(I might make different material variations, not sure yet.)

Well, I guess it wasn’t the last update afterall. :slight_smile:
Managed to lower the tris count to almost exactly 17k. Redid the UV mapping because it was pretty messy.
Also made 2 other variants of it. Tell me which one you think looks best.
Thanks for checking out this thread!