The Box (a short film)

FULL FILM IS AVAILABLE ONLINE AT:

https://vimeo.com/350954618

------old text bellow--------

Hi!

My name is Dušan Kastelic. I own an one-man-studio for animation called Bugbrain.
I’m just finishing a short film called “The Box”. It will be almost 13 minutes long animation. I made couple of films before, but this one is the first one made almost entirely in Blender.

You have probably heard of the phrase “To think outside of the box”?
Well this is a film about such a box and the flat-headed creatures that live inside of it. Life in the Box is boring and miserable. Until one day a new baby boy starts to grown in the middle of the Box! This baby is very different from other flat-headed inhabitants of the Box. He’s happy, lively and curious. As the baby grows bigger and bigger, the flat-headed neighbours are becoming more and more annoyed with him.
Until one day, he grows literary over their heads…

A trailer:
<a href=“https://vimeo.com/225024405” target=“_blank”>
https://vimeo.com/225024405

A Facebook page.

Subscribe if you want to know when it will be screened at the festival near you.

And here is the (unfinished) website. Not much to see yet- couple of images and some additional informations.
www.bugbrain.com/thebox

Sorry that I can’t show you the whole movie. I’m planning to submit it to couple of festivals and festivals doesn’t like if the film is available on YouTube.

Looking forward for your feedback!

Regards
Dušan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]491355[/ATTACH]

Attachments

51 Likes

Couple more images from the film…

3 Likes

A lot of good work in the trailer.

some more images…
[ATTACH=CONFIG]491458[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]491459[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]491460[/ATTACH]

Creepy and disturbing; interesting design of creatures and environment. Good luck!

Wow… VERY cool. I love the unique style and dark mood. Can’t wait to see the full film!

This is very promising. I’m looking forward to how this progresses. :slight_smile:

This looks awesome. Can’t wait till you’re able to release the film.

Hooooly Shieeet !

Submit it to Annecy 2018 Please !
This is amazing. The somewhat stop motion look, the animation, the design, the creepiness, that spider, everything.

I can understand why the flat headed are annoyed, that baby really is doing everything to piss them off (according to the trailer).

Thank you all so much for your kind comments!
I’m planning to submit film to festivals soon. So please like my facebook page, because I will be posting list of festivals there. I’m also planning to make a “private YouTube screening” for subscribers from time to time, which I will also announce there.

Being accepted to Annecy is certainly one of my wishes for this film. Not easy to achieve though :slight_smile:

I hope they will accept it.
I don’t have facebook so I can’t like that page.

Then check the project webpage from time to time. I’m planning to post festivals and dates there too…

very good work

good work keep it on

yeah I will.

AMAZING! Love the face expressions.

good very good.
some timing mistakes on the animation i guess

Timing mistakes? Well observed- I did used re-timing in trailer to shorten it and fit with the sound. I didn’t think it was so obvious. :slight_smile:

I fully agree - the imagery made me very curious to see final movie - ahaha AMAZING !!!

“Curious to see a trailer”?!?Means you didn’t notice a link to a trailer in the first post?
Looks like you are not the only one. 1.150 views of this thread and only 80 views of the trailer on Vimeo (and video already had half of that views prior I posted this thread on forum).

I have just noticed that it’s possible to edit the original post. So I’m embedding the video in the first post. Hopefully it will be more noticeable this way.

1 Like