Old industrial shed

Here’s a thing I’ve been working on. All made in Blender; the architecture is pretty ramshackle, however I was working from reference. I’ve included two lighting setups because I couldn’t decide.

8 Likes

I personally like the first one, great work. But I can see how the other has near equal merit.

I prefer second, because there is more depth, positive emotion. Great work.

Great Work!!

I like the first on better.

I like the second one with blue sky.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I’m not the only one who couldn’t decide.
Here’s a clay render if anyone is interested:

1 Like

Excellent!!!

Great work! So the trees and branches are all photos?

Yeah, unfortunately they are. I wasn’t getting the results I wanted by modeling them, so I got a bit lazy.

The realism was awesome. nice work!

I feel like this deserves more attention purely because you have gone for straight photo-realism wihtout dressing it up with fancy grading or overtly arty editing. It looks like someone took this with an iphone in the worst lighting conditions, and thats an amazing achievement in 3D. Well done.

If you told me the first one was a photo, I wouldn’t buy it. The second one, I probably would for a while.
So I’d say the second.

Thank you everyone!

That means a lot because it was pretty much what I was going for. I really like the subtlety of a neutral color scheme.

Thanks, I wasn’t really under the impression that this could fool anyone, especially when you zoom in. In fact, I probably posted it at too high a resolution, because it looks pretty bad at full scale, at least on a 72dpi monitor.

Just like photo, i also like first one more

For a moment I thought, second one is a reference picture.
So, yes, I prefer the second.:wink:

I like them both equally in different ways. The first one gives a sort of old and abandoned look while the sky in the second one conveys more emotion.

Nice job, at first I thought the first one is render and the second is photo, but then I read the description.

i will agree with you. Maybe the admin should create a “Fake or Photo” section :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought they were both reference pictures. lol.

Beautiful work, lovely use of shadows, the first one has more “mystery”. I’d put something hanging on the rail just to make you wonder who or what is inside. But this is excellent as it is, it has a strong feeling of loneliness in it, I’m a man who loves a few friends & enjoys solitude too. Solitude speaks the truth, your ol’ shed feels that way.