Can't get rid of the attached mesh in blender 2.78c

I am a beginner and somehow I end up with a mesh have the same color as the icing that I don’t know how to get rid of. when I delete it, it went away with the icing. any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

the included blend file:

Attachments

single_donut.blend (510 KB)

Not sure what you want from your description.
You have two objects in your scene. Object ‘Torus’ with an orange material and object ‘Torus.001’ with no material. What are you expecting to see ?

I am sorry, wrong file.

here it is:

Attachments

single_donut.blend (2.25 MB)

Also, notice how big the file is. Can it be reduce.

Still not sure what you want.

Note that you have duplicate objects in your scene

Also, notice how big the file is. Can it be reduce.

When you save your file use the ‘Compress’ option in the save settings

maybe I did not included the right file, but in my pc, the object selected when i select the icing. i can’t separate them

thanks

may i ask where is the save setting? in the ui > file? it is different from your.

2.3MB down to 1.8MB only. Is that all it can do? JA12 can reduce file down to 1/4 of it uncompressed size when he recently was giving advice on other thing.

I did not intend to write bold case of the above sentence, I don’t know how it got that way, sorry.

thanks

Proportional editing is on so moving an object also moves unselected

each icing object consist of multiple mesh parts. Moving them in object mode moves all mesh parts. Edit mode, select, delete. Or if you just want them as separate objects, edit mode, P -> loose parts

The file size gets reduced to 0.8Mb just by enabling compress. The compression is not constant, it depends on what and how much stuff gets compressed. For example, images can be packed in the file and those don’t usually compress much at all, since they’re usually using either lossy or lossless encoding and a compress algorithm already.

Enabling compress makes Blender use gzip for the .blend file, it just does that transparent to the user. It’s not always as efficient than other algorithms but still much better because the user doesn’t have to do anything to first unpack the file, which saves time.

When asking questions, you have to prepare a file for upload, which might mean you have to reduce the content to only include the relevant bits instead of just enabling compress. If it’s still too big, would have to use alternative upload sites, like pasteall.org and only include the download url. A bit of how to do that is instructed in the tutorial linked in my signature.

thanks JA12, I did not know i have to get into edit mode to P.

When I copy and paste the objects from this file to other file, It also carried the sprinkles from other layer (sprinkles group) to the destination, How do I copy the donuts to other file with out the sprinkles objects group to other file? And it also appeared to the same layer in the target layer as well. If I delete the sprinkles original objects, it disappear from the icing, and I don’t want that.:frowning:

thanks