Texture not displaying correctly.

I am continuing to follow the shading the Scifi helmet course on CGCookie, but am seeing some very strange artifacts when applying my textures to the object.

Here is a screenshot:

I am using the node wrangler to display my ambient occlusion texture, but it is displayign very weirdly - the underlying mesh is showing in the texture. For reference, the corresponding part of my image texture is shown in the bottom-right of the screenshot - clearly there are no artifacts. The artifacts show up when in rendered mode as well, and also show for the ‘cavity’ and ‘color’ image textures. Interestingly, some objects which use the same image file do not show these artifacts.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can also supply the .blend if requested.

Thanks

It seems your UV map is messed up. Are you using the same UV map for baking as for displaying the textures? Are there any overlapping UV islands in the UV map? Did you edit the object after UV unwrapping? If you shared the .blend, you would get the exact answer about what is wrong straight away.

Thank you for your reply.

I believe so, yes.

No, I checked this as I previously did have a small overlap.

Nope.

Sure, please find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkmu3ynhsepnkll/sci_fi_helmet2.blend?dl=0. I think that all the texture files should be packed.

Thanks!