Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hey guys, a new version v1.4 for the addon !
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zukeucd3e9cwti/CatHide_v1_4.py?dl=0

- improved behavior for the category list (no switching orders when refreshing or applying, except for the first time you refresh)
    - lot of little bug fixes
    - N-Panels now included ! you can hide them and store them in presets !

As usual don't hesitate to comment and report bug here or in the github !

Hi all blenderheads !
    I put together a little Manual to use the addon !
    Here's the link :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r514coro85...0v1.4.pdf?dl=0

Tonton about the 'misc' panel issue I found a curios thing: I begin with a empty scene and I select a preset which got 'misc' positioned on the bottom. Now if I create a object (like a sphere) 'surprise surprise': the misc label go on the top. If i delete the same object, the misc label go again to the position I put it in 'categories' order, the bottom. Can you confirm it from your side?

Originally Posted by Tosky View Post
    Tonton about the 'misc' panel issue I found a curios thing: I begin with a empty scene and I select a preset which got 'misc' positioned on the bottom. Now if I create a object (like a sphere) 'surprise surprise': the misc label go on the top. If i delete the same object, the misc label go again to the position I put it in 'categories' order, the bottom. Can you confirm it from your side?
    Hey tosky , im on vacation, so dont have an adequate internet connection to test this properly, but i would say the problem comes from a weird (for me anyway) registration of a panel contained in misc category with a poll function. I don t know if you re familiar with these one, it s like a context sensitive option, the panel is drawn only if the function is fullfiled.
    For your problem, seems that the function is for context object, if there isnt one (,empty scene) panel is hidden, if there s one, panel is showed and comes on top. But cathide addon is normally designed to take care of that, registering and unregistering all panels, it doesn t look at their context or poll function, so for now, don t have a real workaround but ill investigate after holidays ! thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience !

Excellent. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!
    UX Designer learning 3D to make weird VR projects.
    http://jack-a-lope.net/

Hi guys ! thanks all for support and feedbacks !
    People asked me to add ability to apply cathide configuration on startup, i gave it a try, and turns out pretty good !
    So here's the new cathide version, v1.5 !

Here's a little video :

A few explanation on this functionality :
    You have to select a preset first, then click the create startup button. Basically this will toggle a property in the preset, telling blender which one is the good one to use on startup !
    This is all saved in the blender file, so if you want to make that file the startup file, on every new blend file, preset will be applied !
    But you can also define that for a specific project, and when you open this project again, tadaaaaa, the specific cathide preset will be applied !

To achieve this, i had to use a little blender hack : blender doesn't normally allow user to do something on startup through python for obvious security reasons, so cathide, when creating a startup preset, also create a text file, saved in the blend, telling blender to look at and apply configuration. The addon itself can't do something on startup, but this little text script, when registered, can !

This means several things :

- You HAVE to check the "auto run python script" option in the User Preferences if you want this feature to work, the addon doesn't do it for you, see below why. When active, this option allows blender to check any existing script from the blend file which are registered, and execute them

- You HAVE to be extremely carefull with this "auto run python script" checked, it can be a security "breach" if you work in a big company with shared network... that's why the addon doesn't do it for you, it's your responsability !

And as usual, some little bugs were also fixed !

C & C welcome as usual !!!

see first post for downloads !

Hi guys ! back from holidays ! giving some love to CatHide for a v2 with new ui and logic, more intUItive, and lot of new features !
    i'll also upload the roadmap to let you know what is coming ! A lot of work to do, but going pretty well so far,

Here's a little teaser, tell me what you think !

'pie menu'

HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLY!

I was thinking about it for some time, but I didnt ask for it because "maybe I pestering him or looks a whiny; maybe he cant do it because reasons. Whatever, the addon is already great!".
    But I'm a fool and you'v prove it

Thanks man ! yep pie menu are a little tricky, especially to generate a lot of them automatically (like if you have 150 addon, be able to go from 6 to 6 in pie menu) but it' definitly worth it !

If anyone had trouble with specific addons using hack, let me know ! i'll try to put a list and fix them !

so far, buggy addons with CatHide : Asset Management, Speed Sculpt, Cutout Animation, Lumiere

Originally Posted by tonton View Post
    so far, buggy addons with CatHide : Asset Management, Speed Sculpt, Cutout Animation, Lumiere
    I use Asset Management and Speed Sculpt, no problem of any sort for me. I cant talk for Cutout. (blender 2.78 and cathide 1.4)

Originally Posted by Tosky View Post
    I use Asset Management and Speed Sculpt, no problem of any sort for me. I cant talk for Cutout. (blender 2.78 and cathide 1.4)
    Perfect, thanks for feedback ! but with asset management, if you change the gui location from the addon preset (toolshelf or n panels), cathide will do some funny stuff for now ! just fixed that for the 2.0, and friend of mine reported some error with speedsculpt, not sure what error exactly, i'm going to investigate for the 2.0 !

hi, i've been having a look at this addon and it seems to work very well.
    i've enabled 100's of addons, 260 or moreand sub addon activation of another 50
    I noticed many blank ui listings where the panel name was not written.
    Super grouper addon seemed to fail somewhat.
    I'm also customizing blender ui, one thing I've done is to add tabs to the properties shelf. is it possible to read the tabs in the properties shelf if they exist?
    Currently the presets save to the .blend. this is ok as you you can save over your startup file to have your changes everywhere., but it fails on file open even with load ui turned off. I guess your making presets more easy to save/load/recall?
    Overall seems a really good job, easy to use, intuitive.
    Thanks.
    i look forward to next version.
    feel free to drop into irc freenode #blenderpython to say hi.

Great addon man, but dont you think its options should be in the preferences instead of in the actual toolshelf, its something you'll probably setup once and wont want to see ever again... it would make sense to have it under preferences.
    great work!
    Good is the enemy of Better - www.pintamonos.cl - www.lollypopman.com

Originally Posted by Meta-Androcto View Post
    hi, i've been having a look at this addon and it seems to work very well.
    i've enabled 100's of addons, 260 or moreand sub addon activation of another 50
    I noticed many blank ui listings where the panel name was not written.
    Super grouper addon seemed to fail somewhat.
    I'm also customizing blender ui, one thing I've done is to add tabs to the properties shelf. is it possible to read the tabs in the properties shelf if they exist?
    Currently the presets save to the .blend. this is ok as you you can save over your startup file to have your changes everywhere., but it fails on file open even with load ui turned off. I guess your making presets more easy to save/load/recall?
    Overall seems a really good job, easy to use, intuitive.
    Thanks.
    i look forward to next version.
    feel free to drop into irc freenode #blenderpython to say hi.
    Hi, thanks a lot for testing CatHide ! i'll take a look on super grouper problem and try to correct it for the v2.0 !

For your questions, yes it would be posible, but it's quite an addition ! for reading the t-panels tabs, i have to get bl_category of panels, tabs are not something callable by python in itself (as far as i know, but you seems to have a lot more knowledge than me on that ) So yeah, it's do-able, but for now i don't have enough spare time for adressing this particular use, sorry for that !

for your second question, yep presets are saved in blender scene ! and when you say it fails on file open, you mean it doesn't load the preset i think ? The preset has to be apply normally. But if you click on create startup preset button, it will call a hack making blender apply preset on startup of this particular file. But you have to activate the "auto-run python script" option, and the preset has to be existing in the scene which is loaded when opening the blend.

I hope i'm clear ! and yep, definitely going to come to irc to say hi

Thanks a lot for feedbacks !

edit : i just checked for super grouper problem, and in the v2 of cathide (still too early to put it here, but in active developpement ) no problem with it ! the only problem you can have is super grouper creates a "dumb scene" and put hidden objects in it, so if you go to this scene to play with your hidden object (not the way super grouper works, but anyway) you won't find your cathide preset here, as long as cathide save its settings in the current scene !
    Last edited by tonton; 23-Aug-17 at 05:06.

Originally Posted by Looch View Post
    Great addon man, but dont you think its options should be in the preferences instead of in the actual toolshelf, its something you'll probably setup once and wont want to see ever again... it would make sense to have it under preferences.
    great work!
    Hi, thanks for feedback and encouragements ! I see what you mean, but CatHide is meant to save preset specific to blend file, and easily modify them and switch between them, so i think it's important that its panel stays easibly accessible for quick changes ! but i see your point, and that's why i tried to keep it under one panel, and no new tabs toolshelf.
    Hope you see my point on that, for now i think it's good to have it accessible, specially for the v2 which brings more feature which i think deserves to be here

Thank you! It helped me so much. The new version seems very promising with fast switching via pie menu.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123