Blender Absolutely Will Not Save

Hey there!

I just started using Blender around 4 days ago, and so far I love it, and I’m already on to modeling characters (which is super exciting). The only real problem is that I cannot save any of my work in Blender or through Blender onto my computer. Even when I choose different files, change the destination settings, change the mp/ output, and re-download Blender two times, it won’t save any of my work.

When I was making my first scene, I rendered it out, it looked great, I saved it as I was modeling, etc. When I tried to save the final render, it would save it in Blender, but only in the Blender window that was up on my computer. It wouldn’t save to my computer (desktop/documents/pictures) no matter how hard I tried. And if I opened a second Blender window, the scene render wouldn’t be there. The .blend file of it would be, but when I opened that, it was the earliest version of the scene that popped up (not rendered or anything, just one of the objects I modeled). I even tried recovering the files, nothing worked. Stupidly, I closed out of the window my final rendered scene was in, went back in immediately and 3 days of work and endless tutorials was completely gone (luckily I took pictures of the final render before this happened, but now there’s no way to put it on an online portfolio or send to anyone):frowning:

I have tried searching the internet and other threads, no solution that is mentioned will work. Can anyone offer up any advice for this? I want to eventually start animating, but there’s no way I can if I can’t save anything anywhere.

Hi, do you use F3 after render?
I forgot the default but you can set Render > Display to Image Editor.
There is a menu Image > Save as Image.

Cheers, mib

antivirus software might be sandboxing it.

Up to this point we can’t even be sure what OS the OP is on…
Please give us more details on your machine.

Do you by chance have any special characters in your OS username (e. g. æ, ÿ, ø etc.)?
I seem to recall that Blender doesn’t like those in its file paths under certain conditions.

You also need to make sure to press enter twice in the save file dialog window.