In need of assistance and tips and tricks

I’m currently on a journey of re-creating in 3D a province. The location would be used in a MMO racing game I’d like to develop. I’m aiming at 1996 style 3D graphics.
The problem is that I don’t know how to approach this and I need of some assistance, tips or tricks of how to do it.

So I’d like to do various real life locations in 3D and use them for free roam racing.
I transform the LiDAR data of my locations from point cloud to 3D… then in Blender I decimate it to a low poly quality.
In GIMP I opened the corresponding satellite image of the corresponding square kilometer and placed an alpha channel and only kept the roads I needed. Saved the file and opened it on Ink Scape and made a SVG (scalable vector graphics).
I imported this SVG in Blender and placed it to the corresponding square kilometer. I alligned the roads and transformed the curve into mesh. But here is where I’m lost.

I don’t have experience.
How should I do this? how can I achieve this…
Help me find a way. Show me the way

When I converted the curve to mesh the edges are connected in such a way that I can’t see myself doing detailed UVs on it. Curve array thingy… i don’t know if I can shape the road well with it. Defining the width or the exact shape.

I need peoples opinions. How would you go on about making 200 square km in 1996 gfx 3D graphics?

Bothering number 1… to make this thread relevant on the top 20 again

still need help with this