Daily sculpts

Hey guys!
I’ve been really into sculpting lately, and thought it would be cool to try to do at least one sculpt about every day and post it here.

It would be great if you could give me some feedback so I could improve.
And stay tuned for more stuff :wink:
Cheers!

A new sculpt.
The hair might look a bit weird because I’m not really good at sculpting hair. :stuck_out_tongue:

But hope you like it, and cheers! :slight_smile:

Are you seriously 13? Because this is very impressive work for some one so young. For the hair I would suggest you just handle it the way that cartoonist do think really big masses and then hit it with crease brush adding for the ridges and subtracting for valleys

Aim to keep it simple and easy to read, study some drawings and zbrush sculpts of Disney character because these guys really know how simplify things and only draw what is important. Sculpting hair tends to go wrong when you try and sculpt a lot of strands instead of grouping and simplifying.

Big improvement from the first post in this thread to the second. Looking good and keep up the hard work. With some experience and dedication I am sure you will be turning out some great looking works in no time.

@tyrant monkey Thanks! And yes, I’m 13 but gonna be 14 pretty soon. (Yay) :smiley:
@FlyingBanana Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey man! Blender artist is more interesting now! thanks! I’ll be waching you! it seems that you have a greate talent! and that is a lot of work. Kep it up!
What style are you going for? it looks semi-realistic to me.
Also if you what more concret critics, if you post diferent views it will help, also it will also help you.
I recomend you to use only one openGL light so you have control over the light. the quickpreference addon is greate for that. also the siluete addon is great and important to study.
Take a look at this: Pixelpete

@Tonatiuh Thanks! Yeah, semi-realistic is what I’m going for right now, but I might do some more cartoonish or realistic sculpts sometimes.
Also I’ll post more views later on :wink:

Hey guys! :smiley: Here’s today’s sculpt.
I hope you like it as much as I do cuz I am rly happy how it turned out.

Please give me feedback so I can improve and become a better artist :wink:
Cheers! :slight_smile:

So here is my feedback! it is really good but I think if you are aware of thouse things they will help you

1 Masetter, there is alwais a muscle there, even in skiny people.
2 also even in skiny people there are muscles arroun the mouth area.
3 almost every one has some fold there.
4 there are no perfecly curve eyes, every one has a shape, that is the most normal, but there are others, but not perfectly curved and not simetrical.
5 If he is a man, he needs somenthing there.
6 the ear is not straint also not rotated fordward, more or less they go 15º backwards.
7 cigmatic bone and the cigomatic arch are very important. the arch have a good relation with the ear hole the botom of the eye soket, and the lower part of the zigomatic bone with the boton of the nose and the mastoid process. also the line of the cigomatic bone goes to the angle of the mandible.
8 study the frontal bone, the supraciliar arch and the temporal line.
9 more of the same, frontal eminence.
10 sternocleidomastoides muscle is very important for the neck, it start in the mastoid process
11 the top of the head is more or less on just where the ear is.
12 the eye lids insert in the bone and the iner one goes fordward, and the external goes more or les backwards.

So, I hope It helps you. keep it up!

PS I forgot about the nose:
A and B are almos identical, and is were the lips meet the nose, and the nose hole is not in front of the lips, it goes back a bit becouse of the shape of the skull.

I don’t want to critique too much because you said you want your work to be semi realistic instead of realistic and there is always a risk of critique to my own taste and style when it comes to semi realism.

Whether the work is realist or not I should probably point out the teeth are what drive the shape of the lips in post #8 where you see the head from the top, you can see that the lips run too straight. The should curve and wrap around the teeth. When you get that wrong and try and rig you character and then pose with a mouth open it seriously messes up the inside of the mouth, you get a mouth wall that is way to thick at the corner.

So that’s my two cents for today, always warp you lips to your teeth never sculpt them straight.

Tyrant is absolutly right and I have a bias toward realistic style, so be aware about that with my feedback

Thanks for the tips! :slight_smile:
Here’s my latest sculpt.

Hope you like it, and cheers! :wink:

Hey! the images are not showing!

Hey guys! Here’s my latest sculpt, making it was a blast.

Hopefully you can give me some feedback so I can improve.
Cheers! :slight_smile:
(BTW the images of previous post should be fixed :wink: )

More renders

Expect a timelapse video pretty soon :wink:

I think that your front view is just… wow, really!
But you have to move a lot, not just look from one side, the side and 3/4 views are really not as good as the front view, don’t forget you are in 3D
In side view look are where is the mouth in relation to the eyes, and look alwais to place well the cheek bone. really nice that you put the masster muscle there, but the insertions on the bones are not well placed.
Keep it up! you are doing a fantastic work!

Thanks! :smiley:
I’ve tried to improve a bit using those tips, on my latest sculpt.

The main idea was to improve my knowledge of anatomy and get the sculpt look good from all sides.
It was really hard but finally I got a result that I’m pleased with.
Feedback would be great so I could improve more… :wink:

I love this image, don’t smooth it out, it is just amazing!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]492397[/ATTACH]

I hope you don’t get mad, I made an iwarp in gimp:

Here’s my latest sculpt

Feeedback would be great :wink:
cheers!