Setting up Hip Control Bones and Floor Constraints

This post may be a duplicate, but because the post was submitted 3 hours ago, I’m writing this just in case.

I’ve been having issues with Blender creating a system that controls my human model’s hips. The last system I tried was flawed because the model moved inorganically because it was setup to move the left and right hips separately. I’m trying to figure out how to set up a system that only uses one bone for the positioning and rotation of the pelvis. Pat of it may be caused by that I can’t stop Blender from recognizing the pelvis as the root bone, even if I set up a bone located at the base between the feet.

Another issue I’ve been having with rigging a human model is that the floor constraint doesn’t work on the feet. For an odd reason it works on the upper leg, but doesn’t register when applied to the feet of the character. If someone could analyze the issue, that would be appreciated.

Lastly, I have the model on my computer, so if anyone needs it I can upload. Just as a note, however I have the model only currently ready. If anyone wants me to prepare an unparented armature that they can tweak, as well, I can do that.

Moved from “Arwork > Animation” to “Support > Animation and Rigging”