How Do i view paricle hair in the 3d view window as if it was rendered?

How Do i view particle hair in the 3d view window as if it was rendered? It would save a lot of time and aggravation. Thank you for your time.

Unless you have change display percentage under display panel and as long as you don’t enable children ; it is supposed to be rendered in 3DView as it is with F12.

Children are additional particles created from hair guides. To avoïd this amount of additional particles to slow down 3Dview, they are not all shown by a factor of 10.
Under Children panel, you just have to set same number of children for viewport and render.

When i change from object mode to particle edit mode however, all those wonderful hairs vanish. Is there a way i can see them in the left side of the screen as i do in the right side? I want both sides to be the same so i can comb much faster. Can you please tell me how to do this? How to see everything in particle edit mode?

Attachments

Yes, check the box next to children in the tool panel to view them while in particle edit. Its on the left side in your screenshot.

Your advice Worked perfectly! :smiley: