Cell phones(storyboard)

A storyboard of an upcoming animation I’m working on. I’d be interested in feedback regarding the story and action.

Thanks

I could follow it mostly. If this is a “storyboard” then I would suggest maybe a narration in the background to explain what’s going on.
How long did this take you to get this far? The action sequences are pretty cool.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the purpose of the storyboard is to create a rough idea of what the animation will look like. The only thing missing from this is the sound and in between frames(once the story is finalized). The final product won’t have any narration, so there isn’t much point to adding narration to the storyboard.

It’s a bit difficult to gauge production time. Preproduction work has been a build up over the years of modelling and rigging on and off. In terms of time spent making the animatic I would hazard a guess of around a month.

Thanks again for the feedback and I’m glad you liked the action scenes.

very good bro, i would like to see the progress of this project

A few suggestions:

(1) Be sure that characters always move, however slightly. In the first few shots, the girl doesn’t move.

(2) The joke of knock-down drag-out “kung fu fighting” among the characters grows thin and unbelievable. Don’t expect either of them to be sexually attracted to the other if both of them now have broken noses. Although the scenes are well-choreographed, I think that there are far too many of them.

(3) What’s on her phone screen is completely unworkable.

(4) If you’re using a robot, you can’t have him conveniently disappear and reappear. Once you have three actors working in the scene, you can’t reduce to two.