Modeling Sauce Bottle

Hi, I had figure this much so far and wish to seek higher wisdom from you here. I have problem creating a smooth round profile at the top and bottom part. If there is something wrong with my model or there is a better way to model this kind of shape, please let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

bottle.blend (586 KB)

It is a challenging shape to model. You are going to have to lop off the top and force the hexagonal shape into a circle before extruding the top opening — take a look at Mesh/Transform/To Sphere (shift-alt-S). You’ve complicated the workflow by applying the solidify modifier too early so it is difficult (for me) to find a quick fix using your blend file.

find tut on pencil shape
almost same shape

happy bl

Effectively, here too a tutorial on topology for it ( scroll down ) http://topologyguides.com/

Just for the fun, i have quickly done a “same type of bottle” based on “pencil” ( close to the tutorial topology i have post ), the point was note to create a ketchup bottle, more a small one. ( so the shape differ )

Bridge edge loop, and looptools ( > Circle ) is your best friend. ( all is explained on the tutorial )

( The top is not separated, just 2 different materials )