Interior 001

Hello everyone, I decided a while back to start learning architecture interiors. After a few weeks of learning I made this to know my progress. This was made in a blender 2.79 build. About 2500 samples. Please I need your comments, feedbacks, critiques to get better. Thank you.

I intend to post other works in weeks to come.
A low contrast version is attached.

Attachments

Please I need your comments

So many samples and yet - quality not good.
Is it really 2500 ?

Generally nice output. Patterns on wall and carpet - and models
I’m not an expert but i see two problems - too saturated wood (almost red) in comparison with other objects. Second thing it’s the lighting. There’s no interesting shadows and you cannot see from where light is coming.
Light on center of the photo? Better try light from the window or coming from chandelier (light that clear for the viewer - from where it’s coming) chandelier should glow.

Good luck

Thanks I would work on it.

I’m no expert, but I’m thinking the size of your lightsource is probably too small. If the image is rendered at 2500 samples and it’s still so noisy, then I’d say it’s a problem with the lighting.

Great modeling, and texturing! really impressed.

A bit of criticism about the lighting.

I can’t tell for sure, but did you increase the world color to something bright, so the window would be lit? If so, don’t. I would darken the background and add a sun lamp instead. If you didn’t, then sorry I brought it up :slight_smile:

Also, scale the light up. It will really help reduce the noise, and you will be able to do it in less samples.

Thanks I actually used an environment texture as the only lightning (hdr), I forgot to combine it with the exr. The lamps I used were only portals. I have already started working on the lightning and would soon repost