Character Development

Hello!

The thing I really want to do with blender, one day, is to be able to create beautiful 3d characters. Master everything from the hair to the way the clothing moves… to me thats the real beauty, the real awesomeness of blender!

For some reason, I find the quantity of material on this subject quite lacking… theres a ton of books on animation, texturing, lightning, but when you want to learn pure hardcore modeling and sculpting… mostly you have to rely on a few youtube tutorials…

Can you guys point me out some good written material on character modeling? If theres a big, detailed video tutorial on this topic please, also could you share it with me?

Thank you!

All quality stuff related to character development from concept art to conventional modeling, sculpting, rigging and animation can be found on sites that offer such courses for money. One such site would surely be blendercookie.com, and CG masters also has one course related to characters, I think. BlenderCookie has a yearly and monthly subscription option. It’s not expensive at all given what the site offers. I suggest that you don’t rely too much on youtube if your dream is to master modeling and development of characters. Don’t get me wrong, there is ton of good content on Blender on youtube but as you’ve said there’s nearly enough when it comes to more advanced stuff such as character modeling.