Audi A6 C5 Avant (My first proper model)

I’ve been modeling for over a third of a year [SUB](oldest record of a model is 2nd of March, but it was started in late Febuary)[/SUB] and now I have started my first proper, high quality model.

Added:

• OEM wheels
  • brakes

To do:

• Add door handles
  • Roof rack
  • Badging
  • Mirrors
  • interior? (seats at least)

[SUP](what a world of difference a good set of wheels make)[/SUP]

Added door mirrors and OEM wheels with brakes.

Your model is looking pretty good so far! But it seems you have your normals facing in the wrong direction on the car body.

Wow, I hadn’t noticed that!
Thank you!

besides the normals, good work! Maybe you wanna share some wires?

i don’t mind.

I was ask me the same … tell me you have allready recalculate the normal … because on the first screen… they are completely inverted …

This said… good start…

The body panels were extruded inwards.

Why did you go with extrusion for the thickness rather than using the solidify and turn the cap fill off? The modeling looks good though. And you have been modeling this project for about 1/3rd of a year or just modeling in general? Cause if just modeling for a 1/3rd of a year you are doing quite well. Just little tips and tricks and I think you would be well on your way to having a great looking model. Keep with it!

It’s cause I didn’t know any better :frowning:
I’ve been working on this model for… 2 weeks maybe?

It’s cause I didn’t know any better :frowning:
I’ve been working on this model for… 2 weeks maybe?

Nothing wrong with that, we all started out the same way. And it looks good by all means especially for what little experience you have. Looking at some youtube tutorials online might help you take it a couple steps further. One that was not to long ago pointed out to me was an amazing help in keeping any deformations from happening when you cut out holes and such in the body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rlMzsBWtPY&t=388s And as far as creating the mesh there is hundreds of ways to do so and I wouldn’t say one way is the right way, but the main goal is to end up with clean topology. That helps keep any tweaking you might need to do later be a lot easier to do. Keep it up, can’t wait to see more from you! :slight_smile: