Blender Internal, Bakcface Culling, and Texture with Transparancy?

Hello,
I attempted this and it sort of worked… then it didn’t.

I have an object with a sprite sheet texture. The texture is transparent around the art. That’s how I want it.
The problem is, the way the geometry is built I can see the backside.

When I tried the link above. What happened is that by piping in the geometry Front/Back, it bypasses the transparency of the texture.

I guess I’m wondering is how do I get the transparancy of the texture and not render back faces at the same time?

My knowledge of Blender’s material note editor is limited, so I appreciate any help in the matter.
Thank you,
M

Ok… let me try this again. I’ll attach an example.
I’m using the internal render as I don’t have time on this project to learn the ins and outs of Cycles… trust me, I’d love to… but you know how production shedules are like. Anyway.

As you can see in the image, the tube has a tiled texture of an image with an alpha channel.
The inside of the tube looks great… but as you can see… as the tube curves to the right, you can see the other side of the tube.
What I’m looking for is to find a way to maintain the treatment of the texture but loose the backface rendering so that what is happening on the right of the image doesn’t happen.
I’ll attach the blend file for you to look at.
I thank you in advance if you can offer a solution for me.
Thank you,
M
BackFaceExample1.blend (1.88 MB)

Does this do what you need?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27650383/24-07-2017%2016-00-23.png

You are a saint.
Thank you,
M