Modeling buildings

Yes I understand the basics, you would have to model the pieces then put it together. But what about repeating parts in the building that need to be on a certain distance from each other, say for example a line of windows, for instance how would one go about modeling this:

I mean yes if you sat down and played around with the verticles long enough you would eventually figure it out, but what’s the best method of doing it. Would you start by creating a cube then cut holes in it and extrude out parts or would you create a basic shape and then create a wall or some framework on which to place wall sections. What do you think.

first model the big shapes of the building, then model the small shapes, such as the tip of the cones, windows, etc, then place one window and array it.

I model a lot of buildings. I would start with the basic shape of the building and then use loop cuts to mark off faces where the windows will go. They appear to be more or less evenly spaced but there are some small differences and some are inset while others are not, so arrays will help to get the windows close to where they go, but a little manual help will probably be needed in the end, unless you want to cut corners and lose some features.

You have groups of 1, 2, and 3 windows, but they all look like the same style, so you can design one window and then duplicate it to make sets of 2 and 3, which you can then put in arrays to fill the locations.

You can also distance the windows in the array from each other by giving them an offset value.