My project won't render (stuck on 0%)

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or if it’s already been answered. Please tell me if it is.

So I’m pretty new to Blender, but I’ve done some basic simulations. Anyway, I was following the BlenderGuru beginner tutorial and I got up to the final part: rendering. I had tried rendering earlier in the tutorial and it hadn’t worked then, but I was guessing that he would say “now you might notice that it won’t work so just adjust this and you’ll be right” but his worked.
The ‘rendered’ view (shift-z) works, but when I try rendering, it just stays on 0%, and there aren’t even any tiles outlined. This happens even when I change to Blender Internal render engine.
I thought it could have been just my version of blender, but I reinstalled and it still wouldn’t render. I could render other projects just fine.
I’ve attached my file here.
Pldonutes.blend (1.19 MB)

please help me!

You are rendering way way too many polys

Look at the modifiers you are using for your objects. For some you have set the subsurf modifier to use 7 subdivisions for rendering. This is totally unnecessary. Use a smaller number