Hair - Dynamic going behind actual geometry

Hi there.

I have a problem with Hair Dynamics, I’ve animated a ball, it’s jumping… like a bouncing ball, that’s it, and I’ve added hair to it, when I silumate the physics the hair is always behind the geometry and behaving really weird, here you can see two frames, the hair is not behaving as expected.

So right now I’m a bit lost, at first the animation of the deformation of the ball was done with scale, but I suspected that the problem could be the animated scale so I deleted the scale animation and left it to 1,1,1 and used a SimpleDeform modifier to animate that part, but the behaviour is the same, pretty weird.

The hair settings are the default ones I have not touchd a thing, except for hair dynamics steps (64 steps) and Cache Step (10 steps).

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Here is another example of the weird behaviour.

Anyone? No idea?

cheers

Jus twanted to pop this up… I have not solved it and I don´t have a clue on how to solve this.

Cheers!

Hair quality steps to 64 is really high. Maybe it is too high. The problem is probably not related to quality of simulation.
And it is counter-productive to ask high quality to hair dynamics and only protect one cache step every 10 frames. it is what cache step setting means.
It does not correspond to 10 substeps per frame. It may explain that.
But if you launch only a playback without jumping from a frame to another, it should not happen.

Tanks a lot!

I´ll try what you say, it could be, in fact, that I misunderstood the cache step meaning.

I’ll be back with results.

Thanks and cheers!