Trouble at the playgroung - dangerous goods :)

Created using HDRI, microdisplacement (thx poliigon for texture:), filmic blender addon, and PBR materials.
At first it was modeling excersize, then realistic plastic material test (sufrace imperfection testing) and final result was good, so im posting it :slight_smile:

It tells story of an unhappy lego man, that underestimate the dangerous goods, like in this case - matches

Hello to everyone, have nice summer and without unnesecery fire :slight_smile:

Modeling preview

Awesome work man, it’s not like there,s alot to be said, the matches the bildoser, the Lego man the ground, it all looks really convincing and really nice, except the fire on the mathc, it looks odd, maybe because the mathc is already burned yet there is some fire remains on it, I assume the fire is just a texture right,
The only thing I really want know is, how did you milted the object?

Hey Alf, thanks. About that melting - after finishing a model of that buildoser, i used sculpting (with dyntopo). A snake hook is the brush to go + some of the inflate/deflate brush. Just adjust the size of the brush and drag it along the Z axis.

Yeah i admit, the fire could look better,… nah its just a sprite texture/ with transparent mask - i like to cheat :slight_smile:
Flame simulations are not enough real for me, or i just dont know how to use it… dont know

Great work! I really like pebbles on the ground, melting looks very convincing and I don’t mind fire effect at all. Great idea and execution! 5* from me!

Very cool! How did you make the smoke effect?

Hi Meshmonkey, as i mentioned before, with fire and smoke, i cheat a litle. So smoke is just plain mesh with transparency mask material. Is suits this purpouse. If this was for animation, it will not work :slight_smile:

I really like this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

wow this is stunning. I have never seen something so photorealistic. keep it up

Thanks for comments, photorealism was goal. Its mostly achieved by good materials - i take one free texture pack from poliigon.com, now i considering payd membership :slight_smile:

I just come over here now and again to be blown away with the quality of work done in Blender.

truly looks like a photo - not really much to add!

This is a fun image and top work!

Definitely a match … for the top row.

I love the scratches on the body.
Ground looks amazing.

Wonderful work:)

Very impressive render ! I like it !

Thanks all for kind words ! Truly honor to be on main feature page ! The legoman goes happier with each new comment :slight_smile: At the end he can forget about that fire and all. Regards - Matej Balážik (blazo)

This is amazing !!!

This is amazing!
My mind is burning trying to figure out how you did a lot of things in this image!
Congratulations!
:spin:

I can send you a .blend file if you want :slight_smile: