Deleteing curves.

Hi

How do I delete a curve but keep the objects which are applied to it? I need to merge the spheres and the oval object to make them one object.

Gemstone surround oval curved edge.blend (101 KB)

Hmm, you should be able to do CTRL+Shift+A to make objects real.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/editors/3dview/object/properties/duplication/dupliframes.html
However, this seems to mess up the curve form of the objects. Hopefully someone with more experience can shed some light.

Hi Colkai

that worked, thanks. Learning new stuff every day, I didn’t know the duplicates weren’t real objects. The error message I was getting makes sense now, I was being told that there were no meshes to be joined. Not sure what happened for you but In object mode, I made the spheres real by highlighting the triangular symbol to the right of object, Cylinder001, CTRL+Shift+A as you said, then I just deleted the curve and joined the objects and it worked fine.

Thanks

You selected the sphere and made duplicates real. Since the sphere is the one that has the duplication enabled, it works.

Procedural duplication such as dupliframes is one of the instancing options, meaning it references the whole object, saving a lot of memory.

Making duplicates real gives you separate objects, but they share object data. Since the original object had a modifier, the new objects also have a modifier each, but they share the same mesh which is then modified per object.

Strange, dunno what I did last night, but yeah, works fine today, how odd!