Lion

Hi!

It’s been a long time since I post a render but I’m back now :smiley:

Earlier I’ve made a leopard and a tiger and now a lion. I spend way too much time to create this and to be honest I run out of patience. :smiley: I’m not completely satisified with the environment but I’ve decided to post it because I want to do something else and I don’t want to see anything furry for a while :smiley:

Modelled with blender, textured (and a little bit sculpted) with mudbox, rendered with cycles and some color correction with PS.

Anyway, feel free to critique!

9 Likes

Looks amazing. Great job! Pretty sure we’ll be seeing this on the featured row next week. Could you post a wire frame render please?

Holy shit! 5 stars…

Your lion is awesome! Looks almost like real one (except a little bit too long neck in my eyes).
What is your node setup for fur?

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

My fur material

Wireframe render

Great work! It would be nice to see a wireframe model.

The final result looks very good but the legs proportions look wrong.
I couldn’t find any photo with such proportions.
Here’s an example :

Amazing work!! Five stars of course.

It’s perfect !!!

Thank you very much! I don’t say that the anatomy is perfect but I put them together in photosop and I think it’s just depends on the pose however the belly should be a little bit bigger… My lion is hungry yet :smiley:

The tomket7 lion in my opinion is better in contrast to the real photo.
Good job!

pali12345 it’s the balls right ? They kind of throw it off. jk…

God how beautiful! This is movie quality stuff right here. How long did it take to render?

good work but agree with ChameleonScales
the shape is bit ‘off’

Wow, this is really neat!

Only thing that jumped at me is that the claws are too visible. They really shouldn’t be visible at all, since they’re usually retracted.

Love it! It’s so good to see such amazing works done with blender and yours is certainly a marvel!

It looks like a diorama in a museum, somehow your lion looks more majestic than the photo sample.

Amazing beautiful work !

Wow, just Wow

Although it looks beautiful, and it really does, your anatomy is ultimately incorrect and it throws off all the beautiful work. I know you want to move on, but I’d absolutely fix it. https://www.google.com/search?q=lion+anatomy&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS755US755&tbm=isch&imgil=u4cVVexZ9_y0dM%3A%3Bs6Za6daaKgIU1M%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.pinterest.com%252Fpin%252F27232772721261103%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=u4cVVexZ9_y0dM%3A%2Cs6Za6daaKgIU1M%2C_&usg=__HrVz0uqsdSsh6tvDUKia_Eovtac%3D&biw=1920&bih=974&ved=0ahUKEwiZl7WIvbLVAhVEQyYKHTvhBW0QyjcIQw&ei=T5Z-WdmzGcSGmQG7wpfoBg#imgrc=u4cVVexZ9_y0dM: