2D rotation, scaling (2.5D) for 3D object rendering.

Hello,
I would love to render 3D scenes in 2D, essentially smash the scene flat during rendering and have each polygon layred correctly without Z-Fighting.

I’m trying to emulate how games in software renderers and the PS1 rendered images, without Z-Depth.
Ultimately “2D rotation, scaling (2.5D), transparency and fading”

A shaking/jittering polygon effect is the result, which I really like.

If you cannot recognise what I’m talking about, I have provided a video.

You will notice polygons tend to shake and jitter when rotated and moved, sometimes incorrectly overlap.

This is the effect I’m trying to create. I’m sure a rather simple Python script would do the trick but I’m an absolute scrub in scripting.
I hope someone out there knows how to do this.

I’m using the default Blender render as it’s preffered, and Blender version 2.63.

The youtube link is dead.

OK, I see now. What you have in that video is no aliasing at all. This stackexchange link is a compositing trick that looks at the alpha information in the pixel, and if it is >99% it includes it, otherwise it is tossed out, and the underlying color (specified by you explicitly) in the compositing nodes shows through 100%, leading to a jittery boolean look to the pixels when rotated. There’s more ways offered in the thread as well ushc as lowering the width of the gaussian filter to .01 -0- and more.

It appears that is for Cycles, is there any known ways for the Blender internal renderer? I would imagine a simple python script along the lines of “ignore Z-buffer” would do the trick.

After that, getting some affine texture mapping in would be great, the result is textures that stretch when the polygon(s) are too close or behind the camera.