Help me start with Renderman 21 for Blender!

-1down votefavorite

I’m quite a newbie with Blender, learned little about a modeling and shading. I was wondering on the Internet the other day and I saw that Pixar’s Renderman is available for Blender.
What are the differences between Renderman’s rendering engine and Cycles? (I’m talking about Renderman 21).
My next question is, what resources are available to learn shading and lighting for Renderman INSIDE blender?
I’m also looking for tutorials explaining Renderman 21’s shaders.
I saw this thing about Pixar’s new Surface Shader that was used for Finding Dory and other PIXAR movies.
If you have any extra information about Pixar’s Renderman 21, please do not hesitate. I’m trying to learn the most recent and advanced workflow for shading and lighting and it seems to be like Renderman 21 is what I am looking far.
Whether they are free or paid courses, I don’t mind. Just direct to the right path.

down votefavorite

I’m quite a newbie with Blender, learned little about a modeling and shading. I was wondering on the Internet the other day and I saw that Pixar’s Renderman is available for Blender.
What are the differences between Renderman’s rendering engine and Cycles? (I’m talking about Renderman 21).
My next question is, what resources are available to learn shading and lighting for Renderman INSIDE blender?
I’m also looking for tutorials explaining Renderman 21’s shaders./lighting!
I saw this thing about Pixar’s new Surface Shader that was used for Finding Dory and other PIXAR movies.
If you have any extra information about Pixar’s Renderman 21, please do not hesitate. I’m trying to learn the most recent and advanced workflow for shading and lighting and it seems to be like Renderman 21 is what I am looking far.
Whether they are free or paid courses, I don’t mind. Just direct to the right path.

I tried downloading renderMan for blender and got this: RenderMan-InstallerNCR-21.5.0_1769424-windows8_vc11icc150.x86_64
I use windows 7

better to post your issues on the Renderman for Blender forums

& a starter
Intro to RenderMan for Blender 21