Cycles and VRay

Here is two image that rendered in VRay and Cycles. I can’t achieve the VRay result. Yes, this is just basic render without post (rendered with filmic). But he doesn’t even come close to VRay. He is looks so poor… How can I improve the quality, tips, tricks, something. I’m not a new in Blender and my interiors result not bed. But exterior just laugh. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Attachments

Hmm, not sure how to help you. I don’t see any reason, why it shouldn’t be possible to achieve a very similar result. However, the two renders are, as you noticed, very different:

• The HDR dome has a different white point (cyan-ish vs magenta-ish).
  • There are no objects casting shadows onto the front of the building (like the trees in the VRay render).
  • The dark material in the building seems to have a warmer tone and no textures.
  • The overall contrast is lower.
  • There’s some glare in the VRay render (probably added as a post-production step or in the compositor).
  • etc.

I suspect you can’t really compare the two renders, without first making sure that the scene is essentially the same.

I understood you. Ok. I’ll finish the composition and will post it again.

I agree with Marcus. Though you think they are the same, there are many differences between the two that will affect the render. The sky/hdri, the lack of accessories in the cycles version, and the intensity and saturation generally. Until you match those, you don’t have a fair comparison.

While I agree with Marcus, I would suspect that you could actually see a dramatic difference if you just used a better palette and lights. Ultimately 90% of your problem is with colors and shading.

I’d add to previous comments that your sun in cycles render is way softer and also somewhat weaker than in vray version. This causes additional lack of contrast.