Nikon d3400

A rendering I made for an university assignment. The assignment was, to make it match the original photo as accurate as possible. I hope you like it.

Render:

Original:

Diffuse:

Good job. The light and materials are perfect!
The model have some imperfections, but! It is really nice model anyway.
Good job!.

great model, Bump mapping needs some love

Very impressive! How long did this take to model?
I would be interested in seeing your lighting setup and the materials you used.

Thanks for the nice critique :slight_smile: I agree, the model is not perfect. I have much to improve on hard surface modelling techniques.

Overall I would say maybe 15 hours for everything. I am bad ad guessing this. I used the Blender 2.79 Branch with the Principled BSDF for all Materials (although they looked basically the same with my custom PBR Setup, but it was a bit faster with Principled). For the plastic, I made a nodegroup with the base Material and an overlay for the dirt and scratches (using a texture from Poliigon.com). It’s hard to show the Materials here because I used so many own custom Nodegroups and they are huge, but I tried to break down the plastic and the Lens Material. The lens material uses a custom glass setup I made a while ago - using the dispersion trick with 3 R G B Refraction Shaders.

EDIT: I realised the image got compressed down and isn’t readable. Here is a better version:

The Light Setup is quite simple. I used a photo of the room I shot it in as a wannabe Environment Map and then added a two Area Lights for the window and the lamp. Also I added a weak blue blue point light to mimic the deep blue light on the photo (at the top of the lens). i have no Idea where it came from in the photo.