BGMC25 Theme Voting

We have 28 themes to murder, uh em, eliminate? Only one shall stand…

For more details on the upcoming BGMC, see the Speculation Thread.

Should we choose 3 like last time?

Chose however many you like, but remember that the more you chose the more “dilute” your favourite is…

If too many score similarly in a day or two, I will start another poll with only the leaders.

Looks like some interesting themes so far. I’ve got a few ideas for each of them…

What exactly is the theme “Scale” about?

About a fish scale? Or maybe about size of things? Free interpretation, I think.

I honestly have no idea. But someone suggested it in the Speculation thread, so here it is! I’m quite surprised it’s doing as well as it is.

I suggested scale! I was mostly referring to “size”, but it’s free for interpretation - it’s meant to be a very open theme.

Even “size” has multiple routes ones can take: Size of game? Size of character? A game like Katamari, where you get bigger and bigger? Maybe a game where you zoom out more and more (first you see dirt, then buildings, then earth, then the solar system, etc, etc)?

I thought it’d be kind of fun haha

I voted for villainy because I’m a dirtbag, but microWorld actually sounds really fun!

check out these games to scale your curiosity

. perspective

. museum of simulation technology

Cmon PET ROCK LETS GOOOO!!!

So microworld ey? Sounds interesting.

Any guess about when the BGMC will start?

The contest will start on the 11th August as per this thread. However, actually building the game starts a day later (the first day is for concepting and planning your game.
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?434785-BGMC25-Advance-Warning-and-Speculation-Thread

I will make an official announce/starting thread tomorrow.

I’ve read the whole speculation thread and didn’t remembered that the day was already set, my bad. :spin:
Thanks, nice to know, however. :smiley:

Just to think about it:

--------------> sdfgeoff is running the BGMC.

He will decide the topic. This poll is just something that can help him to decide. So when you already start with your game or the concept … it might not be the right topic :evilgrin:.

When it going to start?

On the 11th