BluDragoon's sketchbook of anthromorhpic characters

I don’t like to make thread duplicates, however in a very short time period I’ve vastly improved on my modeling skills and have started to render and decided it would do more justice to put my newer and better work together to separate it from my less impressive work from 2015 - June 2017. With that being said, onward to content.

First up is a nice render of an armor set’s helmet I’m working on to use in the game platformer site ROBLOX, the armor is heavily inspired by the armor from the anime, Jin Roh. While the render is more fueled by the synthwave genre, specifically the render was inspired by this video.

And here is the rest of the armor. Mesh wise its completed but is a tad bit higher poly then I was wanting (only by a few hunded polygons, but it’ll be fine) Still have to texture the model, but for now I’m just messing around with Cycles for rendering it.

And a shark-girl character who has no name, she was a lot of fun to make and was my first properly proportioned model for a shark anthro.

(Full size render: http://i.imgur.com/jO5vyDX.jpg)

Here is a turn-table render of that Jin Roh inspired character, this is my first time rendering in cycles with anything more then ambient occlusion… I learn quite a bit about material creation, as all of the materials for this character are generated. I also learned a bit about composing and post-processing in Blender, and as a bonus I now know how to render volumemetrics onto a transparent background! ^w^

Hope I did a good job, its my first time attempting to render something decent.

You seem to be getting rendering down pretty quickly, that turntable already looks pretty good if you were going for a little bit of an enhanced clay look.

Hope to see more characters soon.