Viewport OpenGL render error

Hi,
I have been working of a project for a week now and I suddenly have this error where funny artifacts come up on all of my objects, where the surface in not rendered.
If I render in cycles or in rendered mode i don’t have problems.

This happens for all objects I view in viewport.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

Check the normals on your meshes. Are they all facing outwards?

It could be z fighting, you may have an object which has the same shape as another object right on top of it. My best guess is that the object is also a hair emitter, and that within the particle settings you have unchecked ‘emitter’ so that the object itslef is not rendered, only the hair. Post a blend for better answers.

you cropped the blender version from your screenshot.

Thanx so far. I dont have duplicases as u probably see in the top right.

Thanx so far, but i don’ think that a duplicate is the problem because then it should show in the outliner in the top right. All objects are named and eyes were made from spheres.

I had the object working fine for a week. I think it was after I added a multi-resolution modifier ( but not sure ) I suddenly had this problem. So normals are ok too.

HA! I got rid of it.
it turnes out the view clip range has something to do with it. Not sure if this is a permanent fix, but after changing the minimum clip value up and then down again I could get rid of the artifacts.

This is indeed Z-fighting, it is a visual artifact of hardware rasterization and won’t show affect editing or show up during rendering.

it turnes out the view clip range has something to do with it. Not sure if this is a permanent fix, but after changing the minimum clip value up and then down again I could get rid of the artifacts.

There’s only a limited amount of precision available for the space between clipping planes, so you’ll want them as close together as possible. To make things harder, the distribution is not even, most of the precision is spent close to the near plane. That’s why a low value on near clip often causes issues.