Setting multiple render or view keyframes simultaneously?

I recently discovered that it’s possible to automate the render or view capability of an object via the Outliner:

This is a fantastic feature, but is there a way to select multiple objects and automate their render or view capability simultaneously? For example, let’s say I have a parent object with 20 child objects. If I want all of those objects to not be rendered, it would be very tedious to right click on the render icon of each of those objects in the Ouliner and and choose “Set Keyframe” from the popup menu.

If you ctrl+click on the eye, arrow or camera icon of the parent, the action applies to all it’s children, too. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work for the right-click popup menu: ctrl+rightclick on an icon and nothing happens (I’m using Blender 2.78.5).

Yep, that’s what happens for me too. I’m probably going to implement my own “Insert Recursive Keyframes” right-click menu option in my Blender fork and make it happen behind the scenes.

FYI – I’ve implemented this feature in my personal Blender fork: https://github.com/simplecarnival/better-blender