Glasses

Hey guys,
I created a new Image, with Filmic and Denoising.

I would like to hear some feedback.

Textures and HDRIs are from poliigon.com, textures.com and hdrihaven.com

Attachments

The case looks quite nice. But the wood seems somewhat off. The ridges are too deep , maybe the scale of your texture is wrong/the displacement values need to be adjusted.
Also the backround is tilted. Looks like the table is at an angle and the glasses would fall of any second

1. What’s the story?
    The thread is called “Glasses”, yet the spectacles only cover a tiny fraction of the image, are in the shade and partly hidden by the box they’re in. What do you want to express with this image? I have a feeling that there might be something in the reflections on those glasses, yet I have no clear idea what I am supposed to see there (and I’m not sure I want to know…). Whatever it is, being in that box those reflections look off, anyway.

2. Scale issues
    The texture for the table(?) seems completely out of scale for me. Same goes - to a lesser extent - for the fabric-y texture on the spectacle case.

3. Suzanne…sigh
    You’re using Blender. I get it. So, no need to drag poor Suzanne into this. And another thing: I’m wearing glasses myself, and putting a metal(?) object into the spectacle case with the glasses and carrying that around seems like a foolproof method to butcher the lenses. Just saying.

4. Weird perspective
    The background image seems tilted to the back - either that, or the table(?) is not horizontal (Did you perhaps tilt the table to the front in oder to get those reflections on the lenses?). Anyway, it looks weird.

5. Lighting
    I’m not sure I understand the lighting. You have a strong yellow-orange light source at the back right, which casts a hard shadow on the table(?). Yet the interior of the box only seems to be lit by a whitish, much softer light source from the front left, which doesn’t cast a shadow on the table(?) at all.