Need serious critique.

Hello! I have posted this before but i have updated some stuff and i need focused and serious critique.
The most common “complaint” i’ve gotten is that the interior seems too “clean” for having been abandoned long enough for plants to grow.

Some points id like more focus on would be;

1. More plants? In that case where. It could be dead vines or anything.
  2. Does it need more personal objects like (change the crack kid image into a sad image of dead brother for example lol), maybe a rotten matress or another cam view where you can see below the left “table” where the bed is.
  3. You didn’t notice 2 don’t exist.

I would greatly appreciate any help i can get!

I think the tile scale and grout width is off. Maybe wall tiles to be 4" square, and floor tiles to be 12" square.

I think that you should try making some tiles cracked.

The room appears too well lit. Are there active light sources in the room? It seems like there should be a starker contrast between the directly illuminated areas and those parts lit by diffuse lighting. Some airborne particulates may also help.

For a place to feel old and abandoned, there needs to be a lot of history and a story to everything. Open windows? how would the rain effect the look over time. where would that water pool on the floor… what would grow in it as a result. I can see some of that on the washer, but it needs to be present at some level everywhere to get rid of all the smooth gradients. This is what I mean–I added a bit of a vignette as well.

In terms of making it look more abandoned over a period of time, consider adding a layer of dust on everything in the room. Maybe a layer of dirt on the floor with some footprints. Surfaces like the chrome below the window or the vanity mirror wouldn’t be nearly as shiny after being abandoned for a while. Most metallic surfaces exposed to air will develop at least a fine even layer of rust, too.

For more plants, think about where they would naturally develop in a setting like this. Ivy isn’t going to grow on smooth ceramic tiles, but there could definitely be grasses or weeds growing through cracks on the floor, or piles or dirt and rubble. Try adding elements like mosses or fungi, things that are less flashy than ivy but more likely to grow in a place like this. Algae, too, since there are so many places it could grow in a moisture-friendly place like this.

One bigger overall piece of feedback: Consider some of the individual elements of this render, and ask yourself what they contribute to the image you’re trying to convey. For me, there are a few distracting elements, like the black and neon green box above the mirror, or the gravity-defying bow to the left of the washer. And the pot on a stand in the shower under a towel…these raise more questions for me than they do reinforce the narrative of an abandoned room.

Lastly, I’d try simplifying and dimming the lights in the scene. It’s very well illuminated—and almost too friendly—for a basement room.

the most problem waht i see is i look at the washer and the rest , more i cant say .
i think the washer and more are downloaded , but it is ok.
the hard way : it isnt ok because the modells dont fit what it should !!!
big !
but the camera angle isnt bad , i like it

The washing machine should be narrower. The water pipes should 60% the pipe diameter. Floor tiles need to look square and flatter. Otherwise a nice composition. Like the skylight and tile color .

Yes i really want to do that but i have no clue whatsoever of how to do it in 3d. I’ve been balling around with the idea to do it in gimps.

Thank you that was very constructive!
As for the pot in the shower: It’s a cooking pot yes. I am actually trying to do storytelling but it’s hard to convey. Basicly some guy lived here before but left to scavenge and didnt come back. He makes his food inside the shower and prevents fumes from hurting him by having a wet towel catch all the particles. He does this inside as to not warn other survivors with the smoke rising into the air.

But its all so hard to apeal to the watchers of the artwork.

And about the cracks and dirt: I have no idea how to do this. The tiles are just UV mapped flat meshes, i really want to make real tiles with cracks. Dirt also seems way to hard to make but i really want it. Moss is not that hard i suppose.

Everything is completely modelled from scratch, using literally only things in my house as refference ^^
So i don’t understand how they don’t fit in but you do make a good point.

black means a nice bevel with a good light .
red means bad bevel with big issue ( face normals aso.)
i dont undertand why you dont fix this , it worked on the black marked ?

this is why i thinked you imported the washer ! first look :smiley: