Exporting from Blender to Unity

Hi All,

First of all I want to mention that I am new to blender and game engines :slight_smile:

I created a head in blender that I want to export to Unity engine. When I render it in Blender it all looks OK (at least for me).
When I export a face (FBX) to Unity I see a strange behavior of the model around the nose and forehead.

I tried to search for the solution, but really because I am new I can’t narrow the search to specific problem.

Can you tell me where the problem might be or at least where I should start searching for the solution?

I attached a Blender render and Unity render to show you what the problem is. If you need more details let me know.

I suggest to ask at unity forums regarding unity.
BA can help you on questions regarding export to fbx.

It seems you have a texture incorrectly mapped to your material.

Have you tried using a model with clean topology from say turbosquid or something to test out if unity does the same thing with that as your model? Also if your model is sculpted that could make a difference as well. Or possibly the topology is messing with unity along with the texture. I can see in your blender render around the eyelid area especially, you have those same lines although not as harsh but they are there. I would try finding an fbx model on turbosquid of a face and see if it does the same thing in unity, if not then it is something to do with your mesh/texture causing the funky issues. Anyway you can post a wireframe of the head you created?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/HOWTO-ImportObjectBlender.html

I tried few things and here is what I found:

1. The texture is getting corrupted when I export the face to FBX. Even when I tried few models from turbosquid.
  2. When I export clean model without textures and apply a texture in Unity everything works fine.

Answering your questions - I didn’t use any sculpting.

I still didn’t get too deep into textures etc. so I think I will not be able to fix this in blender yet :slight_smile:

Thanks all for your answers.