Mclaren MP4-12C

This is my first real modelling challenge. I Thought that i might as well go straight into the deep end and give this a try.
Advice Appreciated:
EDIT:
progress:

see the final thread here:https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?436251-McLaren-12C-First-car-render
thanks in advance,

Attachments

I would say so you are diving into the deep end with this car. You may want to not have the headlight holes already cut out then you can use that mesh as a shrinkwrap to cut them out and not cause the pinching that will probably happen when the solidify is added. But so far it is looking good and clean but without a screenshot of the wireframe without any subsurface applied it is hard to tell what the topology actually looks like. If you are wondering what I am talking about with the pinching and distorting of the mesh here is a video that will explain it better than I can with typing.

well…
I would do what the video says, but to be honest, i really want to finish what ii have started here. When i have finished the 1st iteration of this project, i will move onto the second, then the third, until it looks the best, and i have learnt most of what is necessary.
Thanks for posting the video and i will use it later as a guide.
Thanks,
Yusuf Raja,

P.S: link to my website:https://yusufblenderportfolio.wordpress.com/

No problem, can’t wait to see the final render of it. Will keep an eye out for it here in the forums.

I now realize that i have modelled the thing completely wrong.
I have now started to work on the bumper instead of doing the whole thing in one mesh.
thanks,

Another update:

Some more progress with the modelling:

and for comparison:

Some more progress: The roof

trying the doors, i’ll probably have to re-do.

and for comparison

tok a break from modelling and started to work on the car paint.
any suggestions?

ref:

and with the paint applied:

More progress on the modelling:

started on the back. having a little problem:

Looking good. Coming along nicely. I will be watching this thread to see the progress, and what I expect to be a great model/render. Keep it up.

no pressure, I hope…

And some more progress:

Update:

and:

started on the rear bumper:

a full body render:

and i thought i might as well throw this in:

Nice work keep it up

some geometry fixes: