[WNG] Diet Vapor - A Zero-Gravity Tube Rider Cranked All the Way to Chiiill

I made this game in 4 hours for some practice during the Weekly Nano Game #4 started by Nicholas_A. The theme was “fast”

I wanted to make an infinite flying/driving game similar to Inferno by sdfgeoff (BGMC25 Winner). Some of my inspiration also came from the special stage in Sonic 2 where you can run on the walls and ceiling to collect rings. Lastly, I wanted to follow a vaporwave/aesthetics style with everything to make the game atmospheric and consistent.

DOWNLOAD: 5.5MB .blend

Quick update: The bombs now explode. Watch out!

There is hardly an objective, but feel free to fly around the walls collecting gems and avoiding bombs. I got most of what I wanted done. If I had time left I would have added obstacles, special effects, and rewards for the player.

I will hopefully have a gameplay video uploaded tonight.

Let me know if there are any issues and I will do my best to fix them.

Resources Used:

Blendswap
Simple Spaceship - DeNapes

FreeSound
Picked Coin Echo - NenadSimac

SoundCLoud
Zane Alexander - Arcade
https://soundcloud.com/thezanealexander/arcade

I love the aesthetics but it got a bit boring after not seeing any goal. Notwithstanding that part, It’s a great game to have been made in four hours :slight_smile:

Also it didn’t seem like the bombs did anything.

It may say “1.3Mb” on the link name, but it’s actually … 5.5Mb! Because you’ve packed the textures, you don’t need to include the texture files - nor do you need to include the .blend1.

Pretty cool, but has some physics issues meaning the ship tends to like drifting to the sides (you’re using simple motion, right?), and it may have been nice to have it always be moving forwards at full speed. It’s pretty fun when you’re boosting along at full tilt.

Good job.

Thanks! I set a timer for 4 hours and didn’t quite get everything done. I just added an explosion to the bombs to avoid so the game is slightly more playable.

Whoops! I forgot to change that.

Yeah just simple motion. Changing the collisions to a sphere helped a little, but it seems like the distant constraint is still pulling it toward the center of a normal when it is between two of them. I think if the tubes had more faces it would be smoother.

Attachments