Modify 'Universal studios intro' with different text and another object

Hi!
I’m not very good with Blender at all, I mostly know how to do some basic modeling, but I wanted to try to make a personalized Universal intro.
I tried using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zlK_F-29Sk. It worked out for the most part since I was able to change the text to my own (it didn’t render however), but there are two more things I would like to do, but I have no idea how to do so:

1. I would like to change the planet by another object, i.e. a soccerball. I have modelled and textured a soccer ball in another program, and then loaded it into the Universal project, but I can’t render it. The reason for this is that the Universal project only seems to render the text, and then pastes a frame from a pre-rendered video file containing the planet in the background. My main goal is to skip this part and just render the complete scene frame by frame, not using the pre-rendered footage. However, I can’t find out how to do so.

2. This one is far less important, but it would be nice if I could update the scene from 24 to 60 frames per second. Is there a way to do so with respect to all animations?

If people could help me with mainly the first point, I would be very grateful. I’ve tried scouring the web and the .blend project, but I can’t seem to find the settings where the render is linked to the video file. Thanks!