Short musical animation- Expressions of interest (esp. texturing, modelling, rigging)

Hi all,

I’ve recently received some funding for jump-starting an animation project I’ve had on the drawing board for some time: ‘The Love Me or Die’ based on the CW Stoneking song of the same name.

We now have permission to use the song, and I’m working with an experienced film/animation producer, to take this project to the next level for me. Looking hopefully towards a major film festival campaign from mid next year.

Although it’s early days for the project, I’d like to test the waters to see if there are artists here who might have the skills and interest to join in on this. At this stage there isn’t the funding to pay people, but we are investigating funding options, and will pay if/when that becomes possible.

I would love to focus on animation and direction, and so am hoping to find artists interested in modelling, texturing and rigging. I think the project has the potential to be a real showpiece, with a distinctive 1920s inspired style. My brief is that I’d like to use CG (and a PBR style workflow) to create a CG world with the textural liveliness of modern-stop motion, as if it were made in 1929 :confused: If you can imagine that, then we might be on the same wavelength :yes:

Workflow will be Blender-centric, but I’m likely to incorporate texturing tools like Substance and 3Dcoat, and quite possibly Marvelous Designer for clothing.

Like I say, we’re still in preproduction for a little while, but keen for interested peeps to touch base with me. If you’re a decent rigger, who could say, handle creating a stretchy, bendy-bone switchable rig with IK-FK I’d love to hear from you soonish though.

Some concepts below-please respond here, or drop me a PM if you have an interest, and show me what you got :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time!