Fluid Inflow doesn't work when it's set up to play at the end of very long animation.

Hello,

I was trying to solve this for quite a while, but I ran out of ideas. My animation is 3700 frames long and I wanted to have 2 fluid inflow objects (ico-spheres) to display fluid from frame 3052 to 3212 for the first fluid object and second one from 3510 to 3647 frame. I used keyframing method (pressing I) over “enabled” option in fluid inflow object physic settings to tell it when it should work. However, after baking fluid for a few hours (1,09GB bake), fluid is not being displayed at all.
(deleting fluid cache and baking again didn’t solve that)

Then, I set those 2 objects up to display fluid since frame 0 without changing any physic settings and they work flawlessly.

I’m posting screenshots of fluid objects’ and domain’s settings. Did I set something wrong up? Thank you for any help.

Fluid simulation is older than other physics effects. So, its cache system is different. There is no start frame or end frame for cache.
When you bake simulation, baking process starts at frame 0.
So if yo want to start simulation at frame 3052, blender will try to bake 3051 frames.
That explain how you can have 1 GB of data after few hours that are not pertinent.

Offset value next to Speed factor is here to avoid that.
You can set this value to -3052 and baking should start at frame 3052.

Thank you, I’ll check that out :slight_smile: