Toxic communties, admin abuse and power-trip hungry fools

I never fail to inevitably get banned from both toxic and clean communities, and the reasoning behind the bans, usually the same.

I will begin with what I was banned FOR;

-Making a simple joke in all caps in response to the CREATOR OF THE GROUP’S joke

An egotistical moderator having a bad day responded “rule 1, do not spam” and instantly banned me. I tried to contact the owner of the group, which his name is Mr. Paladin, but due to us not having each other added, Discord did not let the message go through.

In the context I was nowhere near spam, I was mocking the trend of how to be YOUTUBE FAMOUS, in fact I will perform an exact quote with what I said;

(Mr. Paladin posts a joke picture of how to make money and be a famous YouTuber by talking about Disney stuff)
HOW TO BE YOUTUBE FAMOUS!
BOOB CLICK BAIT
TURN 10 SECOND STATEMENTS INTO 10 MINUTE STORIES
AND DON’T FORGET TO BEG FOR LIKES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS!

and before I was going to type “lol” and something else, I was instantly banned. How forceful and kind, just drop in at random and assume capslock is spam. Moderation 2017

Why did the person actually ban me? Clearly I was an a random target selected clumsily due to the person, which was previously egotistical, because in that moment they were upset, and because I was having fun and spreading laughs, took their anger out on me. As a result, I will not be returning to Mr. Paladin’s community.

-Because I proved a moderator wrong.

This happens so frequently that telling a single story will not cover the absurdity that occurs here. I don’t run around trying to tell people they’re wrong, but I love knowledge. I want to find what is true and false and try to spread this knowledge with others, even if this means proving myself wrong.

-Because emotions

People tend to think irrationally when upset, and as a result, do foolish things, and because they have connections and that moderator or admin tag, are considered to be in the right, and their friends bindly agree with them for no sensible reason other than creating temporary excitement

People act this way on and offline, and it leads to fights, damage to relationships, and effects that are defamatory.

It seems to be almost impossible for me to be able to partake in a single community due to the moderation and higher-ups being irrational and childish.

This is why I like the Blender community, because those that run it are mature and reasonable. I just hope it will stay that way, there has been some recent toxicity with newer users in opinionated threads. Unsurprisingly, most humans are very territorial.

Feel free to share your experiences and frustrations with poor moderation in a community, and or communities in general. Even the most clean communities can have unqualified moderation.

rip double post, but speaking of toxic communities… Woah, what went on here earlier was a uh, a “thing”

Consider the fact that with today’s forum software, it’s not that difficult for anyone to create a forum and run it in accordance to their personal views (and enforce that by picking moderators who will agree with them).

As a result, you’ll find a lot of forums that are run by amateurs with no professional experience and little skill in proper community management, so there’s no surprised there’s sites out there that will ban people for no apparent reason. It’s not like this board which is run by the professional team behind Blendercookie (who have a lot of experience in web development and community building).

Which exactly why I love this community. :slight_smile: And you sort of stand out and when I think of this community you do come to mind, personally.

Honestly, I read the first few lines, but all caps put me off reading the rest.

Etiquette is everything, and all caps is shouting. Perhaps if you learn to moderate yourself, others won’t have to do it for you.

Caps was part of the joke and even Mr P’s joke was all caps.

I find it really hard to believe that anyone who uses the internet on a regular basis doesn’t see capslock as shouting.

The context was ignored in that senario, it’s the same with any topic. Someone could join in a deep conversation and assume it’s spam fron reading the first line within view without context. Again, the moderator on that Discord community just dropped in and ignored all context.

A bunch of wierd crashes just happened on my phone while editing my post somehow making a duplicate, so this exists, rip not being able to delete posts.