Help Creating Obscure Object

Hi, I am having a hard time figuring out how create this shape, I’m trying to model a camera similar to the one that is in this image, I have circled the general shape that I am referring to on it. Please, any suggestions on how you would make this shape I would appreciate…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]494489[/ATTACH]

I originally thought I would have just a sphere with a deformed cylinder, and while that worked okay it didn’t look right. I figured the problem was that I needed to actually separate that chunk from the sphere so I could accentuate the edges between the two and create some depth of separation.

I figured I would do this with bools, but I am having a hard time getting the edges smoothed out. Around the circular areas where the bool took place smoothing is perfect, but then around some of the vertex poles I get bad distortions. I feel like I could fix some of these by continually tweaking the mesh and such but some of those bad areas never get quite smoothed out right no matter how much tweaking I do. Here are a series of images depicting my bool.

Your links are not working.

try this fantastic addon, not sure if slice is working so might have to duplicate objects and do twice, but defineitly works when applied individually