why are these odd things happening?

why are these odd things happening?
and how do i correct them?
it is just a simple mesh!
thanks all

Attachments

greyhoundbus.problem.blend (811 KB)

Thanks for providing the blend file it really helps show what is going on. I believe you just did a quick unwrap of the mesh and that doesn’t work all the time. Generally works on flat surfaces and with seams but in this case if you switch the viewport to “front” and then hit “U” in edit mode it will bring up the unwrapping options, select project from view and then you should be good to go. Then you can scale the unwrapped mesh in the UV editor to the position you want and it will be uniform. Here is the images of the difference and what I am talking about.

This is the way your UV image was when opened and projected incorrectly.

Here is the UV Project from view option which worked.

This is the result of using the project from view option. The edges are now fixed.

PS the reason the rendered view is fuzzy looking is cause I am just using the viewport render as a preview.

thank you VERY much.
why dont the x,y,and z work as usual in UV?
to make it taler i needed to use y, not z

Attachments

They do work in the uv image editor just there is only x (left and right) and y (up, and down) reason being is it is only a 2d plane now so there is only two coordinates needed. Think of when you hit the unwrap button it is taking all the 3d geometry and placing it on a flat plane like a piece of paper. So if you need to move any verticies on the z you can do that in the 3d viewport then reselect the whole mesh and you can see the changes in the uv editor layout. But typically you will only need to use the x, and y to adjust the unwrapped mesh.

Effectively, in 2D view or UV, it is allways like if you was seeing it from the top view ( num 7 in viewport ). so you only see x and y axis. It is exactly like in the viewport in reality( and like every software out there. )

Thank you. I was trying to get it out that way but I just couldn’t find the right wording :slight_smile:

thanks guys
please go to …