it is probably beyond me but...

in 1966 i owned a ford cortina.
for a hobby project i would like a model of one.
https://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=57781 is one but i i dont have models to buy it with.
it is for sale on other sites but waaaaay beyond my budget.

other than more abilities and patience than i have, what do i need to make one.
i have the enclosed

thanks

Attachments

I would start looking at some car modeling tutorials either on YouTube or vimeo. There is a bunch of methods that all can get great results. So by watching some tutorials you will see which method best suits your abilities in Blender. And besides that blueprint/vector drawing you will also want actual reference photos to see the finer details. Also to work in cycles as well for the texture materials. I probably have at least 50+ photo references on the car I am doing. Also want quality references not low red images.

I can post a links to a couple tutorials that got me started on how to model cars if that would help. Won’t be able to post them though till I get back on my laptop. Cars are tricky and the more curves they have the more tricky they get. But once you get going it does get easier/quicker to do.

I’m gonna assume you are doing this so you can get a 3d model printed, correct? If so you might want to browse some of the 3d printing sites, there are a lot of them that have models for free you can print with, but finding that specific vehicle will likely be difficult.

If you want to make one, as in model, unwrap it and texture it then you will be in for a very long and tedious process. Albeit it can be a lot of fun to model, it’s very challenging, especially if your new to it. Unfortunately making cars is also very complicated as it has many obscure shapes and connections that require extreme detail and focus. There is no easy way to make a model like this, and even once you’ve spent 6 months learning how to get around blender you will still have a long way to go.

Blender is a truly amazing program, has incredibly community support and is extremely flexible… However it has some quirks and it’s UI can be daunting for new comers. Just keep at it and you will be okay. Just remember blender does two things very different form all other 3D programs for some reason, they use right click select and z up. Right click select meaning you will use the right click to select everything (pretty self explanatory lol) and z up which means that the x and y dimensions run left and right while Z runs up and down. Most programs do it Y up. At first I didn’t like it, but after getting used to it it’s actually much better IMHO.

You’ve got a great reference there. I’ve rarely seen a top view of a car in one.

thanks guys